If you want to drive heavy equipment for a living, you may first what to be sure you fit the “characteristics” of a professional heavy equipment operator.
Do you think you have what it takes to become a Heavy Equipment Operator? Are you the “type” employers will look for?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do I like to drive large vehicles?
- Am I mechanically inclined?
- Do I take a methodical approach work and good at trouble-shooting problems?
- Can I work wisely in a fast-paced work environment?
- Am I able to stay alert while I perform repetitive tasks?
- Am I decent in judging distances?
- Do I have good hand-eye and hand-foot coordination, and fast reflexes?
- Am I a good communicator?
- Can I follow directions?
- Do I like working outdoors?
- Can I work alone and in teams?
- Is safety is important to me? And am I committed to following and adhering to all safety rules?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, you are probably heavy equipment “material” and ready for a career in heavy equipment. Consider our professional heavy equipment school, Heavy Construction Academy. We offer a program that includes training that includes certification. We also offer an outstanding career services component to the program and help with preparing resumes and interviews.
If you are not sure about school, but know that heavy equipment is in your “blood”, and then take our Operator 101 workshop. It is a FREE workshop offered by our school to show you what a professional training school is all about. This workshop will help you decide if you are ready to take this step.
During the workshop, you will enjoy a day asking questions about your dream job and even getting a chance to operate equipment. Breakfast and lunch are even provided by our school.
Don’t wait around second guessing yourself. Take the workshop, start the training and say “yes” to a bright future in heavy equipment!